Highlights From Episode 17
Question 1: John Harrison – I am intrigued by the idea of doing a podcast. I would like to know if the time and investment is worth it? What is the best way to start with audio programs, equipment, etc? How focused does the content have to be? My favorite podcasts cover a relatively wide variety of topics and that’s why I enjoy them. What’s the rule of thumb to look at when staying “in a lane”, or topics to avoid?
Question 2: Kris -What niche should I choose that will have a big impact and make a great income:
- helping married women decide whether to stay or end their relationship
- helping women end emotional eating and unhealthy cravings
- helping women let go of baggage before getting married
- helping women with divorce recovery
I’ve been struggling with this for years and just wish someone would say, “pick this” and do it for at least 6 months. I’m at the end of my 15-year marriage and on my own with 5 kids under 12. I MUST choose something to focus my marketing efforts and stop being so scattered. This can’t be an expensive hobby anymore, but a real career that supports my family. (I have experience and results in all of these niches at some point or another) Thanks so much.
Question 3: Pat – Should my domain name be in my name or have keywords in it?
- Australia Counselling Directory – check out the redesign
- The Australia Counselling Podcast – website version
- The Australia Counselling Podcast – in iTunes
- ATR 2100 – Juliet’s and Clinton’s recommended podcasting microphone
- Hindenberg – podcasting editing software
- Call Recorder – Skype plugin for recording audio or video from Skype (Mac)
- Pamela – record Skype audio or video on PC